Thursday, December 29, 2005
What's left of my hair just decided to do it's own thing without any consultation from me. You know, it's funny but Katie Jo used to have hair exactly like this when she was an infant. Anyway, somebody tagged me so here are my response.
First: Tell five things about yourself that others don't know.
1) I have only been in love twice in my life.
2) I cannot tolerate a zit. If I see a big ol' zit on a friend who refuses to get ride of it, I have to fight an urge to hold them down and take a pair of tweezers to them.
3) I am both shy and outspoken. I can talk to an audience of 3000 easier and with less anxiety than a one-on-one conversation with someone I don't know.
4) I've frequently have an odd urge to a) jump off from an unprotected, unrailed high place when I'm on a unprotected, unrailed high place, b) drive with one tire on the road and one tire on the sidewalk, and c) jump with both feet into the air and then down into a big rain puddle.
5) I LOVE Barry White music.
The next tag:
1) What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was falling madly back in love with Kelly after a tough spell during the summer.
2)What were you doing a yr ago?
Swimming in a huge sea of work trying to keep my head above water, but I remember it was a really good Christmas and everyone had lots of fun.
3)What are 5 of your favorite snacks?
I'm trying to lose some weight and build some muscle, sot that has an impact. But I'm snacking on fruit smoothies, nuts, foods that are low on the glycemic index (cheese, apples, etc), and rice cakes with all kinds of "acceptable" crap on them like fat-free chicken. My favorite snacks are another matter - nuts, chips (esp Cheese Puffs & Doritos), Oreos, ice cream (esp Heath Blizzards), and chocolate (esp Cadbury Mini-eggs).
4)What 5 songs do you know all the words to?
Soul Meets Body (Death Cab for Cutie)
Shut Up and Kiss Me (Mary Chapin Carpenter)
Somewhere Only We Know (Keane)
Holiday (Green Day)
5) 5 things you would do if you had money
Cultivate the garden and forest of my dreams
Buy unlimited 1st class tickets for all of mine and Kelly's family
Get a top-drawer nanny and housekeeper (and no, they wouldn't have to be hot Swedes)
Learn to speak at least one foreign language by total emersion
6) 5 bad habits
Not being nice all the time
Breaking eye contact when talking
Mumbling/speaking too quietly
7) 5 things I love to do
Garden and landscape
Play with my kids and tickle them!
8) 5 things I would never get new, buy new, or wear again
A pink suit (or even a peach suit)
Knee-high athletic socks
A snakeskin bikini thong (but I would wear a zebraskin one!)
9) 5 favorite toys
Palm Treo 650
Now, I'm supposed to tag 5 other people. But all of my friends on here have already been tagged and I'm just too lazy to go through all of my comments to find people I don't know as well.
Well, ok - it's not HN at all. It's Anna Lynn showing off her frightening Tortilla Face, not to be confused with Leather Face of TX Chain Saw Massacre fame.
I used to dose while driving. It was scary. I'm not so bad now. But, if I keep up with this 3AM wake-up call, I may backslide...
I gotta confess, I don't get the leafblower appeal. I see people "cleaning up" parking lots, etc, with them - all they do is blow it away, never actually remove the debris, and leave it where it will all blow back - kind of like I clean house. Do you do something with the leaves aftr you blow them?
Hipster, I didn't know you were on them too. Any side effects? It seems like a lot of folks take them these days. Effexor is my new best friend.
JY, I'd just like to hear you sing "Santa Baby". But that's just me. (grin)
oh and my word today is JNBTCH. So who's John and why's his bitch on my blog?