Friday, March 17, 2006

 

The Lyttle Foxes

I had a chance to help my friends from my church at Grace United Methodist with their new and improved physical therapy clinic. The picture at left is of Sharon Lyttle (of the Lyttle Fox's Clinic) and Tim Cochran, another friend from church who was also helping that day.

I don't have a picture of Niki Fox, the other partner in the clinic. Niki was there in the morning and had to leave just as I was arriving. But it was good to see her and to let her know that we were thinking about her.

A pretty large number of people came by that weekend to help Niki and Sharon get set up in their new space. Most of us spent time painting. I, personally, didn't make too big of a dent in their list of things to do. But I did paint some of the harder to reach areas where the wall and ceiling come together.

Their old offices had grown too small and, with their growing business, they needed more room and the ability to see more clients at a time. I very happy for them that their business is growing and prospering. I also really like the bright pretty colors of their new space.

I wish I could've done more to help out. But there's never enough time in the day to get my own stuff done, let alone helping your friends. So I'm just glad I could be there at all.

You know, I think it's grown a little bit outside of the "normal" American attitude to ask for help. But I believe that when you do, both the helper and the person being helped are bettered by it. It builds positive relationships and a sense of community. And in our very disconnected world, it's great to feel a sense of connection with other people who have the same values you do.

That's all for now.

-Kev

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?