Thursday, January 18, 2007

 

Does the dad even matter?

Sometimes I struggle with the question of do I really matter or make a difference in the world...

While self-doubt is nothing new under the sun, here are some statistics that I didn't know until recently:

• 90% of runaway children are from fatherless homes
• 71% of high school dropouts are from fatherless homes
• 85% of youth in prison are from fatherless homes
• 90% of inmates on death row are from fatherless homes

It seems like most societal ills, from crime to drug use to teen pregnancy, have a correlation with fatherlessness. So the next time I feel like I don’t matter, I'm encouraged to take a look around the dining room table. Sometimes just being there is everything.

-Kev

Labels:


Comments:
Definitely agree. Just showing up gets you further along the way to success than one would think.
 
You do more than just be there. You give them a positive influence without even knowing it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?